DREAM CHASER NO. 2
1. What sparked the idea for your dream?
I have certain creative passions and I wanted to merge my passions with my faith. The question of “what should I do with my life” was the stage of life that I was in. So, what if I could actually do it? Merge my creative passions with my faith. I decided to give it a shot.
2. What was/is the most difficult part of pursuing your dream?
The financial resources. How do you go after the pursuit of anything with no money to make it happen?
3. What steps have you taken to achieve your goals and dreams?
The greatest step has been not to retreat. The pursuit of anything great is never easy. It's easy to give up though and most people do give up. It’s easy to turn around and back to where it's safe when things get tough. My greatest step has been to continue to walk by faith even when I didn't -- or don't know where I'm going.
4. When did you know that your dream was God’s will?
The only doors that continue to open for me are the doors of proclaiming Jesus through my creative passions. Understanding God's will is never easy to decipher but I pray for His will on my life. I will continue to walk by faith with Him and trust that I'm walking inside His will.
5. Did your dream change as your relationship with God grew, or did your dream grow with the relationship?
God grows you and a part of that growth is He stretches your dreams for Him. I would say my dreams have developed further the more I grow in my relationship with Him.
6. Do you think that your journey of pursuing your dream has strengthened your relationship with God?
Yes. Desiring to proclaim and stand boldly for Him makes you seek His strength, which strengthens your walk in Him. The more you seek Him to fulfill the dream, the more He becomes a part of you.
7. Did/do you have a mentor or role model who has helped you achieve your goals?
I did not. I have a supportive family but the only person who's taught or equipped me to go after my goals is God.
8. What advice would you give to someone who is looking to pursue their dreams?
Having a dream is great, but you need the abilities/talents to fulfill it. So, practice your craft whatever it may be and become great at it. With God on your side, there is nothing that can prevent you from fulfilling your dream(s) but it takes work ethic and follow-through on your end.
9. What would you consider as your biggest accomplishment since you began the journey of pursuing your goals?
Being able to travel to places in parts of the country that I used to only dream about has been an accomplishment because it's a byproduct of the doors God has opened. I don't say that as a boast; it's evidence to me that God is alive in my dreams by actually allowing me to do ministry for Him in these places. Part of my dream was and is to see the world and share Him as I see it.
10. Where do you think your dream will have taken you in the next 5-10 years?
I don't know. I've learned my plans are not God's plans so I cannot predict what awaits but I do know that as long as I pursue Him I'm heading in the right direction. I know I can't outdream God so it's an exciting prospect to look back in 5-10 years and see all He has done in my life.
Thank you Jesse for taking the time to share how God has equipped you in carrying His name and encouraging others through Angelic Magazine. We are eternally grateful for the work you do and are praying that God would continue to expand your reach and provide all that you need every step of the way.
If you would like to know more about Angelic Magazine, Jesse or how you can read, subscribe or buy their products we have linked all social accounts and their website below.